Neverland

Scott says "I never met another Gemini". Meaning he is still looking for his twin.
I married a Gemini, so I guess I can feel him.


Which makes me think of "I never saw another butterfly".

I don't want to think too hard about how much I have in common with those kids who dreamed of metamorphing into glittering flying things in the pupa of the Terezin Ghetto.

Dreams.

Comparisons. Fuck, will I never quit with the comparisons? Because I never come out happier.

The Internet just extended the reach of my self-punishment. Other people have done so much. Whenever I'm sick I get the empty-medicine chest dream. In this dream, I am looking for a simple antidote to a poison (recognizing symptoms and antidotes to poisons is an example of the type of useless knowledge I do have), and it's empty. Then I look in the cupboards, and all the little personal items belong to someone else. In the closests, all the clothes are secondhand. I shut the medicine chest door, and I can't see myself in the mirror. That's when I usually wake up, and I am thrilled to just be an aging recovered phobic with no life experience.

So. If you are still with me, friends, join me in this game.

Just for five minutes, forget all the things you never did and think you should do.
List, as fast as you can, all the things you've never done, no matter how foolish.

Me first, since I have to be the first one who's never done this before. :)


I do solemly affirm, I have never:

Wanted a tattoo.
Left a negative anonymous comment (but I am Officer Byrd!)
Faked an orgasm.
Refused to go on a rollercoaster.
Eaten the tequila worm.
'Fessed up to a fart.
Asked for an autograph.
Sent something back to the kitchen.
Kissed a blonde.
Shot off anything but illegal fireworks.
Laughed with cottage cheese in my mouth.
Dreamed of my own death.
Done karaoke.
Finished a language class.
Passed high school math.
Argued in public.
Let a hungry stray (cat, dog or human) go hungry.
Given money to the Salvation Army bellringers.
Had a bad acid trip.
Spied on my husband or son.
Looked up an old boyfriend.


Rinnnnnng. Time's up.
Thanks.


"It is chiefly by reading that we enjoy intercourse
with

superior

minds.


Without Reservations
Happy Birthday, Brother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives

What's a Radiohumper?